The Perfect Digital Marketing Strategy For Instagram and TikTok In 2020
Digital marketing has changed a lot. Today, Instagram and TikTok are the best influencer marketing choices and influencer marketing is evolving faster than you can ever imagine. On a daily basis, trends have shifted greatly towards user-generated content which is supported by platforms like Instagram and TikTok
What has been working for the last few years may not work in 2020… and beyond! Digital marketing strategies such as voice search, relationship marketing, video content, podcasting, and live video on social channels have emerged as the elites in the pack. It is almost required that if you want to setup your organization (especially eCommerce) for growth in 2020, then you need to look out for the top social media marketing trends on Instagram and TikTok in 2020.
Let’s discuss how you can not only leverage Tiktok, to grow your business, but how you can incorporate Instagram into your business in 2020 also.
Adopt these rapidly evolving changes in digital marketing today and set your business up for success in 2020.
- The platform currently boasts of over 800 million monthly active users with over 500 million active users profiles.
- Instagram has one of the highest user engagement rate of all social media content. The platform encourages branded content that in fact over 70 percent of hashtags on Instagram are branded.
- Instagram offers a great means of monitoring your audiences’ conversation about your brand and products. Hence, marketing on Instagram allows you to be know your customers’ pain points so you can serve them better through personalized offers.
- Since the emergence of TikTok in 2017, the platform has grown in popularity since it’s launch in 2017. In that time period, the platform has generated about 500 million active users.
- You can easily send a strong brand message on TikTok to quickly build a wide audience through powerful TikTok features such as TikTok challenges to fast-track your brand’s growth, engagement and reach. Whether you’re a startup or an established brand, TikTok challenges should be part of your marketing arsenal. Branded hashtags work well with the short video branding method. We recommend using one that is simple, representative of your brand, and possess a strong message with ease.
GUESS, a global lifestyle brand for innovative clothing for men, women and kids, leveraged Tiktok’s hashtag challenge to promote their Fall’18 Denim Fit Collection. The hashtag was branded #InMyDenim with the slogan “Transform your outfit from a mess to best-dressed! All you need is denim!” to send a strong and highly captivating message. The first day of the challenge was aimed at creating rapid brand awareness which featured four influencers to demonstrate the idea through videos. The campaign went viral and generated over 5,550 user-generated videos, 10.5 million video views, 14.3% engagement rate and over 12,000 additional followers for Guess’ business account on TikTok.
TikTok allows you to create personalized offers
Consumer behaviors is changing rapidly. Businesses that personalize their offers, and messages, with their audience achieve higher success compared to those who don’t give personalized content. A survey of 1000 consumers by Epsilon reveals that 80 percent of customers are more likely to purchase your services if you offer personal experiences. Ninety percent of the participants also claimed that they find personalized marketing campaigns very appealing than generic ad blasts.
Understand the TikTok algorithm
Let’s face it, social media platforms algorithms are very complex and can sometimes seem very mysterious. But when you understand some important aspects such as location, your music choices and the videos that you’ve liked then you would have understood the vital parts of mastering TikTok.
Exposure depends on Geolocation
Ever noticed that when a TikTok video first goes live, it’s usually shown to other users in the same geo-location to start off with? This does not affect your reach and does not affect your engagement. But every video gets its primary exposure this way and that makes sense since for TikTok users, location is usually a preference for video recommendations in their For You pages. This could be due to the fact that the algorithm is initially targeted towards local brand awareness before you get farther reach in other geolocations. Hence, smaller businesses can benefit from the platform and grow their brand locally.
We recommend you make use of trending hashtags to boost your discoverability. However, no matter the number of trending hashtags that you use your content won’t get much reach unless you promote your hashtag challenge. Plan, and develop with, engaging and memorable creatives that focus on your brand offering, create rules and promote your challenge. Plan and collaborate with TikTok microinfluencers in your niche and ask them to promote the challenge on their respective Tiktok accounts.
Additionally, for TikTok ( and Instagram), sponsored ads will help you reach tons of users on their platform. Here are some of the ad types you can find on Tiktok.
- Infeed Native Content: Want more website clicks or app downloads? This is the one for you. It is similar to Instagram story ads.
- Brand Takeovers: Maybe your advertising goal is to create videos with embedded links or images: Look no further.
- Hashtag Challenges: These type of ads work well if you want your hashtags to get more engagement and views.
- Branded Lenses: These are similar to Snapchat 2D and 3D lenses for faces and photos. We can “see” the potential.
For any type of content that you create have it in mind that on TikTok the sound is very important to your discoverability. According to socialmediaexaminer, ‘The driving force behind the creation of any good challenge is the sound, or audio element’.
Participate in Popular Existing Challenges
You can grow your audience by just participating in viral existing challenges. We recommend that you participate in challenges that relates closely to your niche. Maybe get paired with a creator who is industry relevant?
Schedule a call with us to discuss your TikTok marketing strategy and your advertising goal
Everyone loves it when things happen in real-time and there’s no better way to connect with your audience than when you give them authentic, and unedited content. Instagram Live allows you to showcase the human side of your business in real-time and you get to receive comments, reply comments in real-time and in an interactive manner. This is one of the most effective ways to boost your discoverability on Instagram.
Leverage Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing on Instagram works in a similar fashion like TikTok. We advise that you work with microinfluencers in the niche since they have more targeted audience than celebrity influencers. Come up with a creative content and develop a branded hashtag that is interactive and able to make a meaningful connection with your audience.
Run contests and giveaways
Incentivize the process. Contests and giveaways work effectively when you work with influencers and aid in rapid follower growth, and ultimately brand awareness.
Tiktok and Instagram offer one of the fastest ways to build your audience, and grow your brand. Discuss your goal with us and let us design a social media strategy for growing your brand.